Playing Casino games
Give four cards for each player and give four cards to the middle and spread them with a line, facing up. The traditional way to deal with casinos is twofold, for each player and midfielder.
The first turn goes to the player to the left of the dealer and continues clockwise. Each player plays with one card from his hand in an effort to catch as many cards as possible. The player must turn the playing card face up and put it on the table to see all the players before being used to make or capture. The possibility of drama is as follows:
- Taking a card by pairing: The card from the player’s hand matches the rank (number) of the card facing up in the middle. Players place cards and collect matching pairs to count at the end of the game.
- Take cards by combining: A player can take a number card (10th Ace – not a face card) in combination if the value of the card increases until the card is in the player’s hand. For example, players with 8 can catch 6 and 2.
- Take cards by pairing and combining: A player can do the above two moves simultaneously if the middle card supports maneuvering. For example, if a player has a number 9 and the board shows numbers 5, 4 and 9, he can take combinations (5 and 4) and pair (9) simultaneously.
- Building: A player can build a combination in the middle stack by adding one of the cards from his hand, if he has a card that will be added by the new combination. For example, if there are 2 in the middle and a player has 6 and 8 in his hand, he can place 6 above 2 and declare, “wake up eight.” this build until the next turn. If there is another player who has number 8, he can steal this building before returning to the original player. Face cards cannot be part of the build.
- Build above build: A player can build on a building above another player if he has a card that will total the value of the three cards built. In the example above, a player with 9 and Ace can build Ace, 6, and 2 and declare “wake up nine.” Likewise, players must wait their turn to capture this building if no other player does it first.
- Trailing: If a player cannot catch any card, or for strategic reasons to stop the card, he can play the card facing up in the middle. Other players can then capture or use this card.
There are multiple ways to score points in Casino. Generally, capturing many cards is a good way to end up with many points. Points are scored for having the following in your card pile:
Majority of cards (27 or more): 3 points
Majority of spades (7 or more): 1 point
Big Casino (the 10♦): 2 points
Little Casino (the 2♠): 1 point
Aces (each): 1 point
Too complicated for the little ones?
Try the children’s version of this game, Stealing Bundles. In this simplified version, players can only capture cards by pairing them. Cards taken remain closed. A player can steal a stack of cards taken by someone else if he plays a card that matches the top of the stack. The winner is a player who has more than half a card.
Card games are a lasting pleasure for the whole family. The Ultimate Book of Card Games, by Scott McNeely, will definitely offer fun for all ages, families and people who have a card package and time to kill. Get this perfect gift for game lovers in your life here.